Learn Baby Massage
in our New 4 week course starting Tues 1st October
11.30 am - 12.15
A great way to meet other parents and have a chat whilst enjoying some relaxation time for yourself.
We like to keep our groups small, up to 5-6 parents, so you can make the most of this relaxation time.
For babies from 6 weeks to crawling or pre-toddler stage.
Learning Infant Massage will give you a skill for life. It provides quality time for both baby and parent, offering a relaxing break away from the hectic lifestyle of the feeding and changing routine.
Human touch is one of our basic needs and is one of the first senses experienced by newborn babies; the rhythm of the massage replicates the periodic pulses in the womb providing a deep connection to Mum or Dad. It helps them to recognise their environment as being safe, supportive and caring.
I am happy to be bringing my sessions to Harborne in the calming Anam Caim Therapy Centre. I previously ran them for many years in Bournville and Alvechurch before taking a break to concentrate on my massage and reflexology clients.
Suitable for babies from 6 weeks to crawling or pre-toddler stage.
Potential Benefits for Baby…
- Aids sleep
- Improves bond with parents
- Calms when they are distressed
- Helps skin conditions, respiration, digestion, co-ordination, flexibility and muscle tone and encourages physical and mental growth
- Strengthens the immune system
- Soothing: eases pain and symptoms of colds, coughs, colic and teething
- Proven to help increase weight gain, development and self confidence of premature babies
Potential Benefits for Mum & Dad…
- Provides relaxation and bonding time
- Promotes lactation in breastfeeding mums and the nurturing instinct
- Helps parents recognise non-verbal communication from their child
- Very beneficial for preventing and healing postnatal depression.
Massage oils and course instruction booklet provided.
Please bring a towel or changing mat for your baby to lie on.
You can also enjoy 10% off any therapies at Anam Caim for yourself.
Book through Eventbrite or contact me directly and pay by bank transfer. Ruth@promotingwellbeing.co.uk
Anam Caim Wellbeing Centre
162 High Street, Harborne, Birmingham, B17 9PN
(Next to West Bromwich Building Society & Opposite Lloyds Bank)
Full details following shortly...
- A great way to meet other parents & have a chat!
Learning baby massage can help sleep, medical conditions such as skin problems, digestion etc, bonding, immunity, improve post natal depression etc. It also provides an enjoyable relaxation time for Mum.
Book your place with Ruth on
0121 449 6009 or 07983 326384 Ruth@promotingwellbeing.co.uk